Organization for Aid to Refugees (OPU) was established in 1991 in Prague as a non-profit, non-governmental, humanitarian organization.
OPU´s main activities include providing free legal and social counselling and legal representation to applicants for international protection and to other foreigners in the Czech Republic, organizing training programs for both professionals and general public, and other activities aimed at promotion integration of foreigners.
One of the OPU´s main goals is to fight against xenophobia and racial and ethnic intolerance mainly through a variety of educational activities. Since OPU was established, the volunteer work has always been a very important part of our work.
- Consultations, applications, alternatively, representing clients in issues related to the Asylum Act, Alien Act, Citizenship Act, Family Act, etc. The main legal work focuses on:
- International protection procedures
- Residence in the territory of Czech Republic (visas, long-term residence)
- Labor Law counselling
- Citizenship issues
Special social counselling
- Education (diploma recognition, assistance with school search, education courses search etc..) social security
- Employment (possibilities of legal employment making of CV, employment search in case of long-term cooperation)
- Health care (health care options, insurance, doctor search)
- Family situation change (birth of child, marriage)
- Information on life in the Czech Republic
Project I.COM in the Czech Republic
This project is focused on youth aged 12 – 18. The main idea of this project is to support multicultural integration using music and creative activities and compose music texts.
The aim of the project is to gain knowledge pertaining to integration to the Czech Republic and matters related to it, especially xenophobia and racism, respect, and observance and protection of human rights.
The project aims to have an impact on the negative opinion of part of society, mainly young people on migrants and refugees, through new communication tools fostering a positive reasoning regarding migration.
Through the project activities, we will fight the stereotypes concerning migrants, Muslims more particularly, and foster a respectful behavior by involving young people directly in schools.
How you can contact us:
Martin Rozumek, e-mail: email@example.com, +420 730 158 779
Iveta Rožníčková, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +420 731 928 388
Eva Kaličinská, e-mail email@example.com , tel: +420 731 928 388